Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Left driver's rear blinker going out every six months or so?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 09:01 PM
danacat
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Left driver's rear blinker going out every six months or so?

Has anyone else ever had a problem with their rear driver's side turn signal/brake light going out on a relatively constant basis? The rear marker part of the bulb works, just not the blinker or brake element. I have a 2008 DGC that has had this problem since the beginning. Everybody kept telling me it's just a bad bulb, bulbs are so unpredictable, etc etc. I even had the dealership "look at it", tell me there was nothing wrong, and charge me to replace the bulb, blaming it on the bulb. Which made me mad because I've changed that bulb so many times I could do it in my sleep. I probably change the rear driver's blinker/brake bulb, on an average, every six months or so for the whole 12 years I have owned it. This last time I noticed it went out right after going through a car wash, which made me wonder if water has somehow been the culprit the whole time. The driver's rear light assembly looks just fine, no cracks or anything. Wiring on the bulb socket looks fine. Though the socket where the bulb plugs into is black around the top and turns into a rusty brown color, then to a cream/pea green color. I change the bulb and everything works again, until the next time, usually several months later. Has anybody else seen this problem? If so, any idea what might cause it?

Last edited by danacat; 12-09-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Left driver's rear blinker going out every six months or so?