Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

possible tcm problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:17 PM
ppc25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible tcm problem please help

Hi everyone i am new to this site and desperatley need any help i can get, heres my problem
i have a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport. 140 KMS
the transmission works fine in every gear and gear changes.
list of faults that may all be just one problem.
even without key in ignition and or foot on brake can select any gear,
when ignition is on can select any gear and it will show on the dash the gear i have selected.
Now when i turn the engine on and go from Park to reverse the dash display still says ime in park.( the van is in reverse and drives) then pull it down to Nuetral and the dash display jumps from park to nuetral.
Whilst the engine is running i can not get it to say its in reverse even though it is.
Along with this problem when i do have engine running and in reverse the ABS light comes on and sometimes i will loose power to all gauges on the dash and speedometer the lot. But as soon as i put in Park or Drive everything comes back to life.
The check engine light is on and the code was interpreted as:- no ccd to tcm.
am i just looking at replacing the transmission controll modual or could there be something more sinister happening.
Thanks so much for any help.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:26 AM
circumventor
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yalls tcm is just fine. prob is most liekly in the cluster cuz these things have allot of probs with solder joints on the board. swap out cluster or resolder yours.

Quick Reply: possible tcm problem please help