Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Lift gate light keeps coming on, but it's secured

Old 08-02-2016, 02:11 PM
VivS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift gate light keeps coming on, but it's secured

I have an 01 grand caravan with a rear entry wheelchair ramp, and the dash light has started pinging erratically that the liftgate is open, but it's not. I fixed the hook that was attached to the ramp, as one of the bolts was missing, so it's secure, and the gate catches. Is this a wiring or fuse issue, something I can unplug to stop it?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most likely the switch at the liftgate latch is out of adjustment or just toast. The switch connects the circuit to ground. The BCM detects it and sends a signal to the instrument cluster via the PCI data bus and turns on the light. There's no fuse to pull. To disable it you can cut the wire at the switch (pin 2 violet/orange wire) or at the BCM (pin 29 connector C3 violet/orange wire). I recommend adjusting or replacing the switch.

Last edited by Cougar41; 08-02-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Lift gate light keeps coming on, but it's secured