Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

How to Disable Factory Alarm on 98 Grand Caravan?

Old 12-05-2009, 12:44 PM
MickDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Disable Factory Alarm on 98 Grand Caravan?

I have a 98 Grand Caravan with 3.8. The factory alarm lately is very touchy and goes off way too often (like 4 in the morning at home, during the day at work nearly every day, etc.). So how do I go about disabling the alarm? Or is there some fix I can do to make it work normally? Thanks!

Old 11-22-2010, 03:44 PM
tony182297

I have the same problem, 1998 dodge van. lost the key ,need to disable the alarm

Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
rocky75

Ok..had the same problem today..and had to have a mechanic come to my house and fix it. Heres what u do to disarm and reset the alarm set on the 98 dodge grand caravan without using a remote. Roll down driver side window, hit the lock switch on the driver door panel to unlock all doors, stick arm through window and place key in ignition to the on postion(dont. open car door & dont turn )caron), disconnect

Old 11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
rocky75

Ok..had the same problem today..and had to have a mechanic come to my house and fix it. Heres what u do to disarm and reset the alarm set on the 98 dodge grand caravan without using a remote. Roll down driver side window, hit the lock switch on the driver door panel to unlock all doors, stick arm through window and place key in ignition to the on postion(dont. open car door & dont turn car on) disconnect the battery cable for 5 minutes, replace battery cable, and alarm set indicator on dash board should be off. Turn car on and the alarm has been reset and will allow u to drive.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

should be able to cycle the key in any door lock (front doors or hatch) and shut off the alarm. Not until the newer models (around 2009) did they start eliminating the key cylinder switch. The only way to permanently disable the alarm system is to replace the PCM and the BCM at the same time and then disconnect all of the key cylinder switches.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:42 PM
bscorpion6969

Originally Posted by rocky75
Ok..had the same problem today..and had to have a mechanic come to my house and fix it. Heres what u do to disarm and reset the alarm set on the 98 dodge grand caravan without using a remote. Roll down driver side window, hit the lock switch on the driver door panel to unlock all doors, stick arm through window and place key in ignition to the on postion(dont. open car door & dont turn car on) disconnect the battery cable for 5 minutes, replace battery cable, and alarm set indicator on dash board should be off. Turn car on and the alarm has been reset and will allow u to drive.
I tried this and it did not work, I'm at my wits end.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:06 PM
jcarrig17

i have 1998 grand caravan as well. alarm will go off completely randomly. for example sometimes when i go to start my car after putting key in the ignition and switching it to the "on" position the alarm may go off and lights will flash. i will have to take key out of ignition and put it in the door turn it both ways until it stops. its quite annoying and frustrating need help!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to Disable Factory Alarm on 98 Grand Caravan?