Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 caravan climate control button removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
apoc75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 caravan climate control button removal

I have searched the forums and have not found a way to remove the buttons for the climate control. The button for changing from floor to vent to defrost etc.. has obviously had something spilled on it and is sticky. this is only a problem when it is very cold because the button will stay in and it cycles through the different outputs for several minutes.

My question is:
Is there a fairly easy way to remove the climate control buttons or entire panel so I can properly clean it?
My 2011 caravan has the digital 3 zone control panel with one center **** NOT the three **** control panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM
gentz
Professional

You should have bumper to bumper warranty. take it into the dealer..Dont mess with it...

Old 01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, take it into the dealership, they should take care of it underwaranty if you bought the car from them.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 AM
apoc75

Thank you for the quick responses. I thought about the warranty but from what I can tell it's not something covered because it isn't a defect from the factory. I also believe that removing that part of the dash doesn't effect the warranty so I figured I was ok just doing it myself. You guys are probably right though and I should just get in touch with the dealer and find out how much it would be to have them do it.

Thanks

Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 PM
gentz
Professional

one thing you can try is buy some electrical spray, from radio shack or an electronics store. Spray some in and work the buttom, The have some of the computer air blowers ( the bottles they sell at radio shack or office depot and blow it dry with that.. Keep doing it till the sticky stuff is gone and the button moves freely..

Old 01-15-2012, 06:13 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apoc75
...I should just get in touch with the dealer...
What did the dealer recommend apoc75?

Old 01-16-2012, 05:40 PM
apoc75

To be honest I just haven't had the time to make this a priority. I will update once I get in touch with them.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:48 AM
PoOcHy

Hi Guys,

We have heated seats in our model. The seat heater buttons are hard to push when it gets cold outside (i.e.: around the freezing point). They progressively get worse with the dropping temperature. Not sure what is going on. But I do not have any problems with any other buttons on the entire console. I am due for an oil change. I'll mention it on the work order. I'll let you guys know what they come up with.

Cheers,

Jim

Quick Reply: 2011 caravan climate control button removal