Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

power loss....?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
CRiSS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power loss....?

my mother n laws 2000 van has only 40,000 miles on it...and the high beems and left blinker stopped working....so i replaced the turn signal swich (old one was stuck inbetween high/low)and the acc relay and fuse...and the battery dies.....so i charged the bat.and removed all of the things that i changed and(blinker and relays)..and the bat still dropped quickly(m. meter)..then i disconnected the neg bat lead ,and the current started to go up to 12...i reconnected again and it sterted to drop fast...so now the van sits and has the acc relay removed and the blinker switch removed and neg term disconnected.....> nothing has been added to the van,and everything in it is factory....i thought about removing every relay untill it stopped dropping...but then what ...what else could it b...?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

depends on what relay you remove to stop the draw. That's pretty much what you do, pull relays and fuses until the draw stops, they you see what it runs and go from there.

Quick Reply: power loss....?