Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge caravan sxt 2010 remote start

Old 02-27-2010, 09:39 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge caravan sxt 2010 remote start

ok i have a remote start from factory that acts up sometimes. i hit it to start (2X) it will beep once not the reqular 2 times and thats it. only time i find i fix this if i go into vehicle and start it and turn it off then close doors and then retry it will start. anyone experience this?

Old 02-27-2010, 03:03 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

No i haven't. I would have the dealer ck for codes and ck the switch under the hood too.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:19 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

its weird cause it done this about 3 to 4 times. not always it repeats. seems when it is left for a period time cause we hardly lately drive that much when it happens more often. kinda screws up the idea if ya got to start it manual and then turn it off and then close doors and all good after that.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:51 AM
cschmidt

I purchased a 2010 Dodge Caravan Crew yesterday. Remote start worked at the dealer. I tried to use it this morning and had the exact symptoms you describe. One beep and the doors locked. Did not start. Jumped in started it and drove it 5 miles to work. Turned it off and started it using the remote start twice when I got out. Went in to work and came out for break time two hours later and tried to use remote start, same thing. One beep and the doors lock. After starting manually tried again and again it works. Frustrating. Any advice on this? Did you ever get your issue resolved?

Old 12-09-2014, 11:51 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cschmidt
I purchased a 2010 Dodge Caravan Crew yesterday. Remote start worked at the dealer. I tried to use it this morning and had the exact symptoms you describe. One beep and the doors locked. Did not start. Jumped in started it and drove it 5 miles to work. Turned it off and started it using the remote start twice when I got out. Went in to work and came out for break time two hours later and tried to use remote start, same thing. One beep and the doors lock. After starting manually tried again and again it works. Frustrating. Any advice on this? Did you ever get your issue resolved?
Have you contacted the servicing dealer to advise of the issue since you just purchased the vehicle?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:14 PM
cschmidt

Nope. Purchased As-Is, assuming they would just ask me to bring it in. As it is more than an hour from where I live, it's not the most attractive option. I'll call and ask, just thought this would be a good place to look for a fix before taking it in as I like to fix things myself whenever possible.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:58 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

to be honest has not acted up again. went away.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:40 AM
cschmidt

Thanks for the response! I continued to research the issue on forums and such and also emailed the dealer. Turns out that if the low fuel light is on it interferes with the remote start feature. Not sure why it doesn't always prevent remote start, but filled up the tank and now it seems to work. It's only been 1 day so far but I'm optimistic that this was the issue. Anyone having this issue should try filling the gas tank first as an easy fix.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Doneworking

Originally Posted by cschmidt
Thanks for the response! I continued to research the issue on forums and such and also emailed the dealer. Turns out that if the low fuel light is on it interferes with the remote start feature. Not sure why it doesn't always prevent remote start, but filled up the tank and now it seems to work. It's only been 1 day so far but I'm optimistic that this was the issue. Anyone having this issue should try filling the gas tank first as an easy fix.
Yes that is the way it works. Had it happen to me a couple of times. Smart design.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:45 PM
larryes

had a similar problem with a new yorker several years ago it was the anti thieft system

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge caravan sxt 2010 remote start