Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Grand Caravan - Hole in dash above gear shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 12:28 AM
samalex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Grand Caravan - Hole in dash above gear shifter?

We just got our 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan yesterday used, and one thing that's still bugging me is there's a hole in the dash above the gear shift. The place I bought it from said it didn't look aftermarket, but he didn't know how to cover or fix it. Now I'm looking at pictures of other vans online and found it's standard but there's usually a small cover on it: http://goo.gl/XraFG Hopefully the part isn't expensive, but anyone know where or how I can find one of these little covers? I checked the Mopar site, but I couldn't find it on there.

Thanks --

Sam

Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Darkside 700
Amateur

I think that is the place where you would insert your key I case the the shift level lock would fail enabling you to shift out of park. I think that you should be able to get a replacement one from the dealer or go to a wrecker and get one.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:18 PM
samalex

Originally Posted by Darkside 700
I think that is the place where you would insert your key I case the the shift level lock would fail enabling you to shift out of park. I think that you should be able to get a replacement one from the dealer or go to a wrecker and get one.

Thanks, and yeah that's exactly what it is. I went by the local Dodge dealer today during lunch and they ordered me a new cover for about $4. Should be in tomorrow

Take care --
Sam

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Caravan - Hole in dash above gear shifter?