Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

03 caravan blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:07 AM
slowcivic99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 caravan blower motor

Need to replace the front blower motor. Could someone give me the location for it?? Maybe a web site that has step by step directions? thank you!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM
mr_mahoney
Amateur
Default Heater blower motor location

Check the thread I started on the AC evaporator repair.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...-pictures.html

The pictures show a 2000 DGC - where the heater box is insdie the dash - I bet a 2003 is similar.
full story here:
http://www.gearheadgospel.com/vanfix/

I would certainly check fuses and the heater controls before you "dig-in".

Old 04-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Kevioll
Rookie

You should be able to remove it by taking out the glove box and not the entire dashboard. Not as involved as the evaporator.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:47 AM
slowcivic99

The AC was only working on high speed so I replaced the resisor and it burnt up the new one in about a week. Everything I have read says to replace the blower motor. Was looking at it last night and it looks like just might have to take glove box and the cover which is held on by a couple of screws. Does that sound right?? Thank you once again for all the help!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Mr. Byte
Exclamation

So, what's the trick to doing just the fan motor? I had a dealer tell me the procedure is to remove the dash to be able to remove the motor. I can see 2 screws for the motor (I believe they're for the motor, I need a motor to compare to) but I know there's gotta be more.

Is it that there's 3 and you just break the last one out or something? I can't even feel under the motor in back because of the padding/carpet/firewall.

Last edited by Mr. Byte; 04-15-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:18 AM
mr_mahoney
Amateur
Default blower motor removal

Take a look at my 2000 DGC heater a/c box removal:
http://www.scsc.k12.in.us/mahoney/vanfix/

You will see that the blower fan is held on by a nut. You amy have to open up the unit to get to the fan off the motor before the motor can come out. Take a look at the motor mount area, is there enough room for the motor and fan to come out of the box? if not, I bet you have to open the box up.

Plan for a day and take lots of pictures. I heart felt prayer to the Good Lord helps also. Couldn't have done mine without God's help (for patience and memory)

Quick Reply: 03 caravan blower motor