Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

how do you remove the A/C control panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how do you remove the A/C control panel

my wife was driving it the other day and put a large heavy box in between the front drivers and passenger seats, well she hit the brakes it slide forward into the Blower speed ***** and the blower selection *****, and pushed them into the plastic panel
the blower speed **** works fine, a little stiffer then normal, and not much to hold onto
the blower selection **** works, but kind of free spins all the way around, so you have to play with it a bit to get the selection you want,

I want to pull the plastic cover off and see if I can pull the ***** out anymore, and also to see if there is anything broken, and if so, then I know what to look for,
I can see to screws at the bottom of the panel but it feels like there are a few more that hold it on,

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT v6 3.8L 3 zone manual A/C

thanks

p.s will add some pic's when I find my camera

Old 04-29-2010, 01:59 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran

got it off, it was just those 2 screws under that little trim piece(1/2" x5") above the cup holder

then there was about 4 snap holds that held it on

Old 04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran

got it fixed,

removed the unit, held onto the panel by 5 t10 screws (I think it was 10, I know the t15 was too big, and the one that fit did not have any numbers on it)

then you pull of the buttons, ***** and temp slide tabs, then you remove 4 more t10 screws from the back, and pulled it apart, everything looked ok,
the one bracket for the mounting screw was broken, but still held ok, and a small crack in the face of the panel

then I noticed on the metal rods that the blower ***** mounted to, that the 2 broken/damaged ones had small little metal pieces on them and the one that works/fine did not, I then looked in to the ***** and the one that is working, has the metal piece in it, I figure it must be a type of shim, I used some pliers and pulled them off, and put them back in the *****, and now they work fine

will add pic's of the metal shim latter

Old 04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I still swear I'm going to send you a service manual

Old 04-29-2010, 04:15 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Wink

feel free, want my email , here are some pic's
sorry about the poor, poor poor, quality, had a B-day party for my daughter this past weekend, and now can't find my camera, I used the kids play school camera

And once that was pulled off the bottom of the metal rod that the **** sits on, and placed back in the top of the ****, all works

Quick Reply: how do you remove the A/C control panel