Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'99 3.3L throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:51 AM
tobytigger
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 3.3L throttle body

I'm about to change the plugs on my grand caravan with 150K and thought it would be a good idea to clean the throttle body. What is the correct method for cleaning without destroying a sensor or doing something that is harmful? Also, is it really possible to reach around the engine to get to the rear 3 plugs on a '99 grand. Thanks,

Old 06-12-2011, 10:00 AM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can reach the plug from under the vehicle. But you'll end up with bruised knuckles and use swear words you haven't used in years.

Trust me, the easiest way is to remove the entire wiper tube. Pull the wiper arms. Remove the plastic cowling. Then remove the tub support brackets. Pull the bolts that hold the tub to the firewall. Disconnect the wiring and washer tubes and lift the entire unit out. Takes about 20 mins, but it opens up the entire back side of the engine. You can replace the plugs in about 15 mins with no bruised knuckles.

Quick Reply: '99 3.3L throttle body