Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Cleaning Battery Poles

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 02:02 PM
HollyL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Battery Poles

Hey,
i wanna clean the batterie poles of my ´07 GC and i´m wondering what happens, when i connect my battery after cleaning.

Does everything work normal? I mean, i ask that, cause i now of a couple modern vehicle´s, where the dealer has to make a kind of a reset after the battery was disconnected. Cause it won´t start anymore.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:54 PM
sapporo
Banned

what kind of cars do you 'now' of that require the dealer to do some kind of reset procedure. I don't know of any that require dealer only reset for the car to start after changing or cleaning the batterie

Old 09-19-2010, 03:22 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Reset the clock,If the ck engine was on.It may reset the codes.and the engine may need to relearn all engine values.Which is just driving.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:29 PM
HollyL

I´m talking about these hyper modern BMW´s, Mercedes´, Audi´s, Opel´s etc. with are packed with electronic crap. 12 Airbags, CAN-Bus wired devices, automatic bending headlights and so on.
Was 17 years in the german tuning scene and 2 years a chairman of a Motorsport Club and still an Admin of a German Tuning Forum. I´ve heard of some story´s about that problem. But can´t remember what car´s these were which had that issue after disconnecting the battery.

I know that my ´07 is not "that modern". I just wanted to make sure, that our "Familybomber" makes no problems after connecting the battery. That´s why i asked you guys here, cause i have absolutly NO experience with Dodge. None.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:34 PM
HollyL

@master tech
You mean, just in case the ck engine comes on after reconnecting the battery. Reset the codes with the clock.
How do i do that, just in case, when i don´t have a clock? Don´t have a boardcomputer with outside temp.
I know, i´m asking lots of stuff. Just wanna learn...

Old 09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
sapporo
Banned

for someone with 2 years German tuner scene and chairman of the motorsport club, you sure are asking very automotive basic rudimentary questions.

your clock (radio display clock) will show 12:00 when you reconnect the battery. that's what master tech is talking about... oh and might have to reprogram your radio presents (1-6 on the radio face...it's the buttons you would push to select a station in memory instead of manually tuning them in) I can post a picture of the stock radio and highlight what the clock and presets look like if you are still unsure.

just wondering if you know the procedure for cleaning the battery terminals? do you need step by step instructions?

Old 09-19-2010, 08:51 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

On a 2007 what will probably happen is of course radio presets gone. The A/C control head MAY recalibrate itself. Also there MAY be a Battery DTC stored in the PCM. But nothing that will keep you from operating the vehicle. Minivans didn;t go CAN BUS until 2008 model

Last edited by TNtech; 09-19-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:39 PM
HollyL

@sapporo
Sorry, that i ask these stupid questions. But there where i come from is the technology 30 years ahead than here in North America. I´m not familiar with such an old school crap.
By the way. I lost a bet and almost punched a guy cause he said my ´07 has leaf springs on the rear axcle. Big discussion till i checked my GC. OMG, i thought. Am i driving a tractor? What the f..k. We live in the 21st century. Only 2 Airbags, only H4 bulbs in the headlights, breakdiscs-drums combination on rear axcle and some other stuff i didn´t discovered yet.
BUT,..., this is off topic now. Thanks to the others who gave me serious answers. And no, i don´t need help with setting up the radio stations on my old school radio i have.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:53 PM
sapporo
Banned

can't believe someone of your social status would be in such an antiquated POS, you need, at the very least, a Mercedes with blue-tech injection system. how can you lower your standards as to driving a model T

Old 09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
HollyL

Well, it´s all about pollutant emissions. Let me try to explain, so that you can understand it.

Take the half size of Texas and put 60 Million vehicles in it. Plus another 150 Million of the neighbour states. What happens??? You get conditions like in china. Smog.

Solution: The government and European Union forces the industry to build engines with a technology like mercedes´s Blue-Tech or AdBlue to reduce the emissions.
And they raise up the gas price so that nobody drives" fuel wasting cars" with 6- and 8-Cylinder.

But this was not the topic.

Quick Reply: Cleaning Battery Poles