Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Intermittent blower motor function

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 PM
drdave
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was your method of getting to the screw that's up against the firewall?

Old 06-26-2011, 05:26 PM
brittnabby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same problem with my front a/c. It works when it wants to, but when it does come on, it is great. The rear works great. I am not very mechanical unless I have someone there to make sure I am doing it right. Does anyone know how much this may cost to get fixed? I am supposed to be going on a 13 hour drive next week, and it will be miserable if my a/c doesn't come on

Old 06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
supermanny1967

have a similar prob excpt my 03 with climate control was working intermittantly,now won't work at all and the back has stopped working all together,,any ideas i changed the blower motor resistor,,no luck,,the front is stuck on low,if i put it on air conditioning cold air comes out,on low only..and nothing in the back..any ideas?

Old 06-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Blower motor is very easy to check out. There is power supplied to the blower motor with the key on. Depending on the speed you select, the blower switch grounds one of the resistor wires giving you the selected speed. Here is a wiring diagram for an '03 with manual controls, front blower

Pretty much the same dance for the rear blower motor except there are 2 different switches available.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A quick thing to try is to swap the blower motor relay with another identicle relay in the IPM (fuse box).

If both your front and rear blowers die at the same time the part in common to both is the Front Control Module (FCM). It controls the ground to both the front and rear blower relay coils. It's that silver box mounted on front of the IPM. Tap on it. Remove it and check for corrosion (a known issue). Disconnect the battery first. Slightly bend the spade contacts to make better contact.

Last edited by Cougar41; 06-30-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM
JamesRichards

I have the issue of the fan not working and restarting at a random point, being as this is an electronic control, I am wondering if it could be a power surge issue such as my 07 pontiac had, to fix that you had to put a capacitor in the circut to protect from surges

Quick Reply: Intermittent blower motor function