Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2004 Grand Caravan Remote Start

Old 09-04-2010, 11:16 AM
segreen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Grand Caravan Remote Start

Hi, my auto electrican has recently fitted a Mopar remote start for my 2004 Caravan. Fitting it was easy, programming it has been a nightmare. We've fitted remote start 82208859AB / 82208862AG and on the instructions it makes no mention of what to do with the harness (1031787 REV A). When we try to programme the unit into the imobilisher the unit does not put the ignition on in order to code the unit.

We've done the tach rate programming which seems to work although the horn doesn't sound but the lights flash every 3 seconds as per instructions. At no time does it attempt to put the ignition on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Stephen

Old 09-04-2010, 02:15 PM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear it. If you can abort and get a refund and get an after market this is what I would do.

The OE starters are short range in comparison.

I have an Avital 4103 on two vehicles that sells for $50.00 through Amazon and needs a $35.00 bypass for the transponder key thing. Some installers will take 50 - 100 bucks.
It starts from 1/4 mile and through walls. I'll be in the Publix grocery store at the checkout counter and start the van so she will be blowing nice and cool when I get there.

Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 Grand Caravan Remote Start