Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Sport speaker/amp/radio wiring diagram

Old 08-29-2010, 11:42 AM
bugmenot
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Sport speaker/amp/radio wiring diagram

Hey everyone. My brother is looking to hook up a Sony CDX-GT320 radio to his caravan and I was wondering if anyone would have better luck than I finding out what the colors for each wire are, and how they can go together with the aforementioned radio.

I'm only asking this because I was doing some looking around and I got lost in all of the search clutter (i.e. I cannot exactly find what I am looking for). And sorry for using a BugMeNot account, I didn't feel like registering on here to ask one question that is <b>COMPLETELY UNRELATED</b> to my life.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:45 AM
sapporo
Banned

are you not using a wire installation kit or are you trying to hack into the harness of the vehicle? car stereos us same universal colors and match up to installation wire harness connectors.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:50 AM
bugmenot
Banned

I don't know about this stuff. None of it. Which is why I am hoping someone with more experience can guide me through, so I can guide my brother through.

Sounds silly, I know. But I (assume I) just need wire color guides from both the radio and car speaker system, plus amp.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:03 PM
sapporo
Banned

2 things make assistance difficult... you being a middle man and you not having experience.

the BEST answer, go to walmart or best buy (or equiv) and buy an installation kit. I guarantee you won't have any questions.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:06 PM
bugmenot
Banned
Default Awww...

Alright. Sure you couldn't at least guide me on what color wires do what?

I found a 2001 Caravan guide on ModifiedLife, but my brother claims the wires are not the same as I said on there. And sorry for playing as middleman.

Just figured there would be a wiring diagram somewhere online, and I couldn't find it. It's alright (I don't even care anyway/. )

Old 08-29-2010, 05:22 PM
sapporo
Banned

when you buy the wiring installation kit (Less than $20). it has all the answers you need. and the kit wires label what every wire is for.

red is key power
yellow is battery power
blue power accessory like amp or power antenna
black ground
grey, purple, green, grey wires are for speakers

Last edited by sapporo; 08-29-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Sport speaker/amp/radio wiring diagram