Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Caravan SE Catalytic Converter

Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 AM
geoforce
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Caravan SE Catalytic Converter

I bought a 2010 Grand Caravan new in 2011. I suspect that the car is not new and that I was lied to by the dealership. It had 50km when I got it, I drove about 125km when the van almost wiped out my entire family. I tried merging onto the highway when the van decided that 25km (15 miles per hour) was the top speed it was capable of. The Van almost killed my entire family. two surgeons, a medical student an engineer. The Catalytic converter was completely plugged. I've since found out that they were servicing the car for fuel problems before I got it and that it was ordered and rejected by a customer before my purchase. The dealership sold me a car that they knew was not working properly. The dealership does not have qualified mechanics.

The Change Oil light came on around 4000km so I went to the Jiffy lube because I thought there was a real problem as the first oil change according to the manual is 10,000km. My previous van a Chevy Venture actually measured engine demands and oil quality, I thought Dodge was modern but it uses a counter. What a joke, Anyway, the oil was full of metal and gritty and the engine runs rougher than my friends' 1999 Caravan with the the worn out crank bearing, Pretty sad, The guy at the oil change joint said he'd never seen anything like my gravel/sand like oil. I took it to the Jiffy lube because the dealership is full of BS.

I was inspired to bring the van in for service while waiting for a train to finish blocking the road. The engine was running rough and the A/C could not beat the heat, The sun was beating on the roof and heating the air going to the back seats. To freakin amazing to believe. I live in Canada.. Not the freakin Arizona desert. The dealership pulls the van into the service bay and it is blowing some cool air so "there is nothing wrong with the AC". The engine moves the car so there is nothing wrong engine. If you put three adults in the Van it is not drivable but the van moves down the road so the dealership says it is drivable.

I need to go pick up the car so I can take it somewhere that has a real mechanic. The dealership does not have qualified mechanics. I have nothing good to say about Waverley Dodge in Winnipeg, MB. I don't want to look at the car.

I am making payments on a car that I bought for my wife but she refuses to drive it. She says it is not reliable. It will always be known as the car that almost wiped out my entire family.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:29 PM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - bummer! Until someone pipes in, you might consider...

1. Registering a Safety Complaint with NHTSA (even though you are in Canada).

2. Based on everything I've ever read - the car is considered "new" UNTIL it is formally registered.

3. Formally sending a registered letter to the Steve Dennis - General Manager (and Owner) outling your concerns.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. I also agree with vpnavy as well, But I would add a phone call to Chrysler and tell them the problems you are having and the problem with the dealership too. Here is a number for chrysler customer service center, 1-800-992-1997.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Caravan SE Catalytic Converter