Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Power Side Door Lock?

Old 05-23-2005, 04:36 PM
rpfaucher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Power Side Door Lock?

Checked a few of the posts and could not find anyone with this issue. Have an '02 Grand Caravan, all the locks and doors are power, side, rear lift gate etc.

My problem is, the drivers side power sliding door... the lock will not go up or down automatically, via remote, via button etc... have to manually pull and push the lock to lock and unlock. Anyone had this problem yet? Any idea how difficult it would be for a DIY'er to repair?

Thanks.

Ron F.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Woggy
Default RE: 2002 Power Side Door Lock?

Ron, this can be a problem with the sliding door latch mechanism or the electronic module located on the inside of the sliding door. If the van is still under warranty then go through the dealer and have them locate the trouble and replace the defective parts. Can you verify that the contact points between the sliding door and b-post are not being interupted when the door is closed. Maybe clean these contacts and see what happens also.

Hope this helps, let me know what happens.

I work on the door line at the Windsor Assembly Plant, home of the Grand Caravan, T & C and Pacifica models.

Take care.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:03 PM
rpfaucher

Thanks for the reply... I'll check into these things and let you know what I find. Certainly hadn't thought about the contacts etc. good idea. I can hear the power getting to the lock, as it will "jiggle" when I push the button to lock/unlock.... but just won't make the total jump to either lock or unlock without me doing it manually. No longer any warranty as I have about 67K and did not buy the extended (live and learn).

Thanks and will keep you posted.

Ron F.
---------

Old 06-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Torkey

Woggy, how "complete" are the driver side doors on a Grand Caravan that has power sliding passenger door but manual drivers door? Would I need much more than the motor and the module to add power to the driver door of a van that has a power passenger slider?

THANKS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Power Side Door Lock?