Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Caravan 3.3L heating problem

Old 11-13-2010, 01:11 PM
jaykid101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 Caravan 3.3L heating problem

I have an 03 3.3L Grand Caravan Sport. The van takes for ever to warm up and sometimes the needle does not move off of the cold mark and only blows cool air into the cabin of the van. The antifreeze is full, the engine is hot, and it never over heats. Most of the time the needle sits between 1/4 or just above on the temp gauge. Any suggestions?? Also, I have that headlight flickering problem. There are no error codes on the van.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:44 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

possible defective themostat, open. replace and check.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:53 PM
jaykid101

Thanks, I actually didn't even think of checking that. I will replace it and see what happens. Any thoughts on why my headlights flicker?

Old 12-18-2010, 09:39 PM
robert39bulley
Default lights flickering

Originally Posted by jaykid101
I have an 03 3.3L Grand Caravan Sport. The van takes for ever to warm up and sometimes the needle does not move off of the cold mark and only blows cool air into the cabin of the van. The antifreeze is full, the engine is hot, and it never over heats. Most of the time the needle sits between 1/4 or just above on the temp gauge. Any suggestions?? Also, I have that headlight flickering problem. There are no error codes on the van.
well I just spoke with my nephew who is a service writer for a chrysler dealership and he said the lights flickering is a bad modual that controls valves for your heater system controling the temperater through fluid flow control and this modual is about $1000.00 installed not cheap but that explains your lack of heat and the light flickering

Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 PM
hopsluvr

Hey jaykid... any updates or resolutions to your "no heat" problem? I have an '03 T & C, 3.8L, with the same problem. I've replaced 2 thermostats in last 2 days, thinking the first replacement was defective. At any rate, temp gauge still doesn't move much higher than the 1/4 mark. Really sounds like I'm having the exact same problem minus the flickering lights.

Last edited by hopsluvr; 01-14-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 AM
jaykid101
Default Heating problem

I haven't tried replacing the ECM as per the last suggestion, however, I noticed that when I replaced my air filter, did an oil change(I added Lucas additive) the issue seems to have gone away. Wewill see how it goes. I have been told that if I take the van in to a dodge service center they can reset my computer in the car and that may fix my problem. The issue withthe flickering lights turned out to be a faulty headlight switch.

Originally Posted by hopsluvr
Hey jaykid... any updates or resolutions to your "no heat" problem? I have an '03 T & C, 3.8L, with the same problem. I've replaced 2 thermostats in last 2 days, thinking the first replacement was defective. At any rate, temp gauge still doesn't move much higher than the 1/4 mark. Really sounds like I'm having the exact same problem minus the flickering lights.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:45 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hopsluvr you can boil the stats and test them

are you completely filling back up the system after the stat change?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 Caravan 3.3L heating problem