Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 caravan

Old 04-13-2015, 05:49 PM
wrighteous
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 caravan

My wife's van getting a p2305 code plugs and wires are new now what too check I read some were the coil harness can go for a $hit were can I find these wires at the pcm main out harness so I can piggy back a new wiring for coil please help . I'm not a dodge guy this is our first dodge

Old 04-13-2015, 08:01 PM
BrianGainey

Before we start rewiring ignition coils it would be wise to recheck any work that was already preformed.Does it run bad?? Or are you just diagnosing the CEL??Who did the work?? you or a Shop?? Are all the plug wires connected properly?? Did a ceramic get broken on a plug?? Was anti seize used on the plugs?? You must not use anti seize in any amount on your plugs. It can and will wick down to the electrode causing a miss fire.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 AM
wrighteous

Well it just started to run ruff so I scaned it decided to change the wires and plugs only cost me $50.00 still gets p2305 code and runs ruff clear the code with in seconds it's back , anti seize is a no no I can't stand that crap.. No broken ceramic ,, and yes all plug wires connected properly I even swaped out the coil with a back up one I have and same problem
And I do all the work as I'm a European car mechanic

Last edited by wrighteous; 04-14-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:45 AM
BrianGainey

Originally Posted by wrighteous
Well it just started to run ruff so I scaned it decided to change the wires and plugs only cost me $50.00 still gets p2305 code and runs ruff clear the code with in seconds it's back , anti seize is a no no I can't stand that crap.. No broken ceramic ,, and yes all plug wires connected properly I even swaped out the coil with a back up one I have and same problem
And I do all the work as I'm a European car mechanic
Well it certainly sounds like you've done your homework. You have what we call in the south " a real head scratcher"!! I will be looking forward to hearing what the dealer had to say. Lots of luck!! Brian

Old 04-16-2015, 07:56 AM
wrighteous

So does any one here know we're the coil wires attach into the harness at the pcm please Im gonna piggy back new wires to coil

PIN number and location please

Old 04-23-2015, 04:34 PM
wrighteous

Anyone know what's up here I just replaced the pcm and still get a p2305 code

Old 04-24-2015, 12:56 PM
wrighteous

Today I hard wired the pcm coil driver #2too the coil still having same issue is it possible cam sensor lost here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 caravan