Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Stumped!!! Cooling Fan Won't Turn On!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So basically, everything is known good except for the PCM? I'm with Master Tech on this one, time for a scan tool.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

with the car running, unplug the Coolant temp sensor. It should throw the PCM into default mode and command the fan ON. if that doesnt work, then I am with Master Tech on this one.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:56 PM
Chryslerdude
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2005 Grand Caravan. the check engine light came on. I scanned it and found the Fan Circuit 1 fault. # P0480. I checked under the hood and found the power plug to the fan on the driver's side of the rad unplugged. I plugged it in and cleared the code. the next day it was back. Checking further i found the relay for the fan (Behind the grille). I checked the fuse which was good. I unplugged the coolant temp sensor. and the fans do not come on. I unplugged the the relay and jumped the contacts in the plug and both fans came on. When the relay is plugged in nothing works. I performed some tests and found there is no signal coming from the ECU. Any suggestions?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty common for the relay to crap out. It is held on with a rivet so get one of those as well if you replace it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stumped!!! Cooling Fan Won't Turn On!