Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Its raining Gen III Caravans

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:23 PM
toymotorhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its raining Gen III Caravans

So, I guess when it rains it pours. Two weekends ago I towed home a free 2000 Grand Caravan from a cousin. I got it registered and replace the front brakes completely, and I am in the process of shaking down for the wife and kiddo. Its got a 140K on the clock and rust in the usual places. I just got word that one of the guys at work has a 1996 Plymouth Voyager that is sitting in a field behind his house, and might be looking to get rid of it. It got parked with bad brakes and emission issues that would not let it pass here in MA. Its since had a tree fall on it and dent the roof and take out some of the glass, and the interior is now probably full of raccoons and god knows what, but the question is : If its free, is it comparable enough to be worth towing home for parting out. I know its got about 15000 miles on a trans rebuild. If its got the same engine I would think so, but I defer to the experts.

Thanks
Richard Gagliardi
Freelance hillbilly rocket surgeon.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:58 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The 1996 transmission would work,but does the transmission have a TRS sensor or the safety neutral switch? Now if you have a TRS,then you will need to either add a jumper harness or replace the TRS. I do have the mopar number for the jumper harness if you need it.

Quick Reply: Its raining Gen III Caravans