Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Keyless entry

Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Gabriel51
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ehow.com/how_6194237_prog...emote-fob.html

Instructions

things you'll need:

• The correct key fob for your car.
  • These instructions.
    • 1 Turn ignition to OFF.
    • 2 Dodge Vehicle Data Link Connector Location Locate the Data Link Connector, it is a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
      The image shown is the location in a 2005 Dodge Ram Truck. The location varies depending on year and make of Dodge, but it is in the same general area under the driver's side dash on all models.
    • 3 Dodge Vehicle Data Link Connector Pin Out Diagram Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
      Image show is pin out diagram of Dodge Vehicle data link connector.
    • 4 Close all of your doors.
    • 5 Turn the key to ACCESSORY position and then back to the OFF position. (The accessory is one position forward from off. Do not crank engine in this step. If engine cranks accidently start back at step one.)
      The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
    • 6 Dodge Keyless Entry Fob Push a button any button on the first key fob to be programmed.
      The image shown is of one type of Dodge keyless entry fob, yours may not look identical but the instructions will still work.
    • 7 If you have two (2) or more total key fobs, then press a button on the second and each additional fob within one (1) minute of pressing a button on the first fob.
      All fobs, including any existing fobs must be programmed at the same time.
      If you only have one (1) fob or after all you have finished programming all fobs, press a button two (2) more times to signal that you have programmed all fobs.
    • 8 The doors will lock/unlock to signal that the codes were received correctly.
    • 9 Remove the jumper wire or paper clip from the data connector. Programming is now complete - congratulations you've done it yourself and saved some money.

The following users liked this post:
DarrenY (02-20-2021)
Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That instruction is for the Full size B-van, not the Minivan. Well, give it a try and keep us posted.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Gabriel51
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It just said Dodge, the picture is for a Ram truck. I saw it elsewhere on the net also. Someone else here was kind enough to run my vin and it looks like my van is not equipped with a remote module.
So it looks like an after market entry. Thanks...

Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 AM
dieselram2011
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pin 1

What if you dont have a pin 1?

Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 PM
makeadeal4u
Unhappy 2005 Dodge Caravan Keyless Remote - reprogram

22DODGE22 - this question is for you------------------------------------
I have a 2005 dodge caravan with two keyless entry keys that where working great. one still does. however, the other key just stopped working. i assumed it was a dead battery. bought new batteries, not the problem. then i tried the "dead: battery on the other keyless remote and it worked great. it worked up until it "died" on me. nothing has happened - no water damage, didn't drop it, etc. i am looking to see if there are instructions on how to program the keyless entry on the second remote. i honestly, would take it to a dealership for them to program it, but we just do not have the money in the bank to pay them. my husband and i have been out of work since feb 2010. we're struggling financially. but we really would like to get it working again. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Old 12-28-2011, 11:02 PM
coryoneofakind

What I don't have a pin 1 on the connector its smog

Old 12-28-2011, 11:22 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
coryoneofakind

What was the question? Also this is a pretty old post. Could you please start a new thread and post your questions. This way all members can help you.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:08 PM
master.icpr

Originally Posted by Gabriel51
http://www.ehow.com/how_6194237_prog...emote-fob.html

Instructions

things you'll need:

• The correct key fob for your car.
  • These instructions.
    • 1 Turn ignition to OFF.
    • 2 Dodge Vehicle Data Link Connector Location Locate the Data Link Connector, it is a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
      The image shown is the location in a 2005 Dodge Ram Truck. The location varies depending on year and make of Dodge, but it is in the same general area under the driver's side dash on all models.
    • 3 Dodge Vehicle Data Link Connector Pin Out Diagram Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
      Image show is pin out diagram of Dodge Vehicle data link connector.
    • 4 Close all of your doors.
    • 5 Turn the key to ACCESSORY position and then back to the OFF position. (The accessory is one position forward from off. Do not crank engine in this step. If engine cranks accidently start back at step one.)
      The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
    • 6 Dodge Keyless Entry Fob Push a button any button on the first key fob to be programmed.
      The image shown is of one type of Dodge keyless entry fob, yours may not look identical but the instructions will still work.
    • 7 If you have two (2) or more total key fobs, then press a button on the second and each additional fob within one (1) minute of pressing a button on the first fob.
      All fobs, including any existing fobs must be programmed at the same time.
      If you only have one (1) fob or after all you have finished programming all fobs, press a button two (2) more times to signal that you have programmed all fobs.
    • 8 The doors will lock/unlock to signal that the codes were received correctly.
    • 9 Remove the jumper wire or paper clip from the data connector. Programming is now complete - congratulations you've done it yourself and saved some money.

Is this work with a 2005 Dodge Dokota?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keyless entry