Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Caravan 2000 3.3Liter - Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 11:59 AM
jaye944
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok the best thing to do is this ->

I had same issue, rather than working blind do the following

1> remove the cowling where the windscreen wipers fit, means removing the wipers (which ca be a bitch)
there was a link here somewhere , other google it, the actual job is EASY, only a few bolts but the WIPERS
can take the time, You'll need windscreen wiper removal tool, as it'll usually be locked on a taper shaft, you might need to HEAT
the joint first.

2> after removing the cowling, you'll have easy access, also while it is out, replace the PCV valve
This is REALLY the best way, and you can do other work whil its out
holla back if your still stuck

Originally Posted by Dthane62
I wouldn't say I have a major leak, but maybe a seep. It is not like I am adding oil in between changes, but just a little is visible, and I am always afraid of spontaneous ignition given the temps under that hood, so I like to keep things clean in there.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:34 PM
kallsop
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did our '99 GC 3.3L back plugs from the bottom. It helps that I have long arms. I tried the top way first, but found it easier from the bottom.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:43 PM
jaye944
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your right, however, it seems like the OP, needs to do other work, and although its a pain, its better.

Actually I tried "blind" the first time, and coulndt do them, although it was getting dark, and managed to loosen the brake vacuum tube, and bleed my knuckles, though I tested it, when my wife drove it 20 minutes later she lost her brakes !

So I did it right, and also put a clip on the brake tube just in case !

Originally Posted by kallsop
I did our '99 GC 3.3L back plugs from the bottom. It helps that I have long arms. I tried the top way first, but found it easier from the bottom.

Quick Reply: Dodge Caravan 2000 3.3Liter - Spark Plugs