Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power Steering hose replacement 2000 Grand Caravan.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:07 PM
toymotorhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering hose replacement 2000 Grand Caravan.

So, here goes. 2000 Dodge CG with a 3.3. It developed a power steering leak, in the pressure hose. My wife ran it out of fluid, and burned up the PS pump. So I am into it for a new pump and pulley, and replacing the lines down to the rack.

Looking around I see a few different versions of the power steering pump listed so I need to determine which one I need.

But the real whammy is I cannot find the return line from the rack listed anywhere. All the online places list it as a section of rubber hose. But on the van it looks like a hard line on one end with a fitting that threads into the rack? Am I missing something?

Any ideas, I know I gotta buy a set of crow foot wrenches to get at the rack, that looks like it will be all kinds of fun.

Any help would be appreciated.
Richard.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Can you sent me a pm with the last nine of your vin and mileage. This way I can get the right part numbers for you. They will be mopar numbers.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM
toymotorhead

I think I found them. Rock auto has then, which is cool because I won a gift card from them.

http://info.rockauto.com/Edelmann/De....jpg&PS004.jpg

They also had the transmission cooler lines that I needed. Now I just have to wait for the parts to come in and see if I can beg/borrow/buy/find/steal the correct size crowfoot line wrenches. Whoever designed that goddam steering rack/k member arrangement should be beaten with a leaky power steering hose.

Thanks
Richard.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:09 PM
kniki10

Its quite long procedure, you should have patience to do it, I'll suggest you to take dealer's or auto mechanic help.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:15 PM
toymotorhead

Got it done today, it was an all day affair. Replacing the hoses, and the burned up pump took me about 8 hours. I opted for the remove the alternator and bracket and idler route to get the pump out though the top, rather then pull the axle. If I ever find the engineer who designed that setup, bad things will probably happen.

Cheers
Richard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Steering hose replacement 2000 Grand Caravan.