FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
The fuel pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump module. Remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank to access the fuel pressure regulator. Refer to the Fuel Pump Module removal in this section
WARNING: FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE MUST BE RELEASED BEFORE SERVICING ANY FUEL SYSTEM COMPONENT. PERFORM THE FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE RELEASE PROCEDURE.
- Spread tangs on pressure regulator retainer Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Pry fuel pressure regulator out of housing.
- Ensure both upper and lower O-rings were removed with regulator.
- Lightly lubricate the O-rings with clean engine oil and place them into opening in pump module Fuel Pressure Regulator O-rings.
- Push regulator into opening in pump module.
- Fold tangs on regulator retainer over tabs on housing.
- Install Fuel Pump Module, refer to the Fuel Pump Module installation in this section.