Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

ACK HELP pleaseeeeeeee

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Carolynne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ACK HELP pleaseeeeeeee

2003 caravan has been down a month now...posted about code p500 before and changed the input and output speed sensors....now the instrument panel has gone crazy lights and blower fan going on and off.....no key in ignition and the daytime running lights flash on and off....starting to think its possesed....after further posts I opened up the fuse box and cleaned terminals after first attempt I was getting no dash lights then when further into box and cleaned more... lights reappeared and started going crazy again...now the van is throwing the code p1698....what could i try now????

*update* went and tried it again now it is throwing codes p1698 and p1699...ugh everytime I touch the darn key it tells me something new...I am a single mom of three and really need my van back in working order...I would take it too a mechanic but I am afraid with all the different things it is showing me that it will cost more to fix than the van is worth....if anyone can shed some light on the problem please do...thanks in advance

Last edited by Carolynne; 06-22-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: new problems same thread
Old 06-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so I starts and runs? It drives? Is it just the cluster and illumination issues besides for the codes? Code P1698 is no bus message from the TCM, don't see the other code. When the bus goes down, every system has a default. Example would be headlamps on. All of the cluster lamps would come on. HVAC might go to high blower and defrost. Then when communication comes back, everything would go back to normal.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P1699 - No Climate Control Bus Messages

In your other thread I said you may have a data bus problem. These codes verify it.

Last edited by Cougar41; 06-22-2011 at 05:33 PM.