Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

wiper blades

Old 06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
emerald
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper blades

I own a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. After a heavy rainfall I will get water inside of my car. When I accelerate a water fall of water comes rushing down to the floor from between the firewall and my dashboard. I am fairly certain that this is due to to the seal between the windshield and the vent cover deteriorating. I took out the strip of molding that touches the windshield and I want to be able to take the vent cover off so I can clean the old silicon away and re-seal it.

My question is that to do this I must take the whole wiper blade off. I took the nut off at the base of the arm but I am stuck as to how to get the arm off. Do I turn it counter clockwise? I just do not want to break it. Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I would check the drains on each side of the wiper module. Make sure the drains are clear.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:47 AM
peshewa
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if you need to remove the wiper arms, the nut comes off then the arm I think is splined and needs to be wiggled gently strait off the shaft. It helps to use a marker of some kind to put them back on in the same spot they came off too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiper blades