Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

dodge caravan ignition control recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
WiRik
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall completed

Just got a '10 Grand Caravan back from having the L25 recall done, replaced with updated part.

Is it normal now with the update that the "fobik" fits loose into the switch and is not aligned with the "OFF" lettering when in the OFF position? Also doesn't line up at the other positions either-any adjustments possible to have it lined up?

Also, there is a fair amount of resistance now when turning the fobik to the ACC-Run positions from the "off" position going past the new rubber(?) protrusions in the opening-is this normal and how long will this "fix" last being that the material is soft?

Not impressed at this time on the "fix".

Old 08-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

correct, all normal. How long it will last, I'm with you, doesn't look to be built for the long haul. If it were mine, it wouldn't last a day on there, can't stand how they feel.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:15 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

was in hurry to do this recall aswell guess i just hold off on it lol. i dont think i have issue with mine cause it seems tight fit and not loose. i hate it when a manufactor comes up with the cheapest fix just to get a fix instead of doing the job right.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 AM
WiRik
Amateur

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
was in hurry to do this recall aswell guess i just hold off on it lol. i dont think i have issue with mine cause it seems tight fit and not loose. i hate it when a manufactor comes up with the cheapest fix just to get a fix instead of doing the job right.
If only to know what the actual fix was going to be, I would have left it alone-if it isn't broke, don't fix it fits here.

A new switch assembly would have been the correct way to resolve the potential problem.

The way the switch operates now is not acceptable.

One of Dodge's tag lines : Do Everything, Compromise Nothing!

Well, I feel they didn't do everything (correctly) with this recall but saved money. Compromised my interest in their product.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:47 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

can u take pics of the work done. i like to actually see what they have done.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:52 AM
WiRik
Amateur

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
can u take pics of the work done. i like to actually see what they have done.
I'll get pics of what was done, won't be until Monday as ours is a company vehicle.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:36 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WiRik
I'll get pics of what was done, won't be until Monday as ours is a company vehicle.
Please don't feed the troll...... I mean, if someone can't sit in the lounge and drink coffee and chill for 45 minutes....gees! He needs to just sell the thing before it gives him a massive stroke and he can't drive at all

Last edited by TNtech; 08-06-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

if you refering me as a TROLL then you can STFU. and post on your own threads instead of coming in to others and have nothing positive to say. Who's the troll now.

Originally Posted by TNtech
Please don't feed the troll...... I mean, if someone can't sit in the lounge and drink coffee and chill for 45 minutes....gees! He needs to just sell the thing before it gives him a massive stroke and he can't drive at all

Old 08-07-2011, 02:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Enough of name calling on the open fourm, and it needs to stop here and now. I don't care who started it. So stop.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:43 PM
WiRik
Amateur
Default Pics of the "new,improved" switch

Here are some pics of the switch after having the recall performed.

You will notice the two protrusions with the holes in them, the "fob" must be turned clockwise past them.

It does keep the fob tight in the switch, just would think they may have had a better "fix".

Last edited by WiRik; 03-07-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply: dodge caravan ignition control recall