Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Squealing Front Brake

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Ozzie S.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squealing Front Brake

I have a 2002 Grand Caravan. Have had an on and off steely squeal coming from the drivers side front wheel for a year.The brakes passed inspection and they could not reproduce the sound. Now the noise is almost constant. When I touch the brake pedal the noise disappears instantly. I'm fairly mechanical, but have never done brakes before (adjusted). I'm thinking that an adjustment needs to be done and I would like do it myself.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

Old 02-14-2012, 01:30 AM
ZJWilly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No adjustment that I know of on front brakes...A sticky caliper cud be the culprit. Sometimes when the caliper becomes faulty, it is either the slip pins are sticking or the piston itself sticks. You may also notice a slight pull after releasing the brake.
Or it could be equipment...occasionally, rotors seem will hold moisture and form rust overnight...Then everytime you go to apply brakes, the rust causes the pads to skip on the surface creating a vibration like screech/squeal.

Good Luck and Keep us Posted!!!

ZJ

Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

You can try replacing the front pads and see if the noise is gone.

Quick Reply: Squealing Front Brake