Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!

Old 08-24-2014, 08:36 AM
YouCantKeepAGoodVanDown
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by felloffthetruck
When you remove the top does it give you access to the power wires behind the two 12 volt ports?
Yes it does. In fact I've got a couple accessories attached to the switched plug there, and i also ran a USB port and aux port from that front pocket straight to my head unit. There's a lot of space behind everything there to put stuff.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:32 PM
felloffthetruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YouCantKeepAGoodVanDown
Yes it does. In fact I've got a couple accessories attached to the switched plug there, and i also ran a USB port and aux port from that front pocket straight to my head unit. There's a lot of space behind everything there to put stuff.
How did you run the wires out of that little compartment? Did you drill a hole in the plastic? Can you post a quick picture? Thanks.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:51 PM
indigoe

Originally Posted by Bob_Ierardi
Great sketch! Thanks! My wife has 3 credit card stuck in the Super Console. Is there a trick to releasing the clips without breaking them or scaring the console? How would you suggest releasing the clips prior to lifting the top of the super console? Should I use a particular tool or does the top just pull off? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I found this on a Chrysler forum .... There is a way to remove the top of the super console instead of removing the whole console. There is a seam that follows along on each side of the console that meets up in the rear of the super console right above the drawer. I was able to pry (lack of a better term) lightly enough to where the clips popped loose. I carefully worked my hands along the seems forward toward the front while gently lifting from from the rear. Once I worked it all the way forward there are 2 clips that are a little stubborn so I used a plastic knife to pop them loose. Be carefull as there are wires that are attached.

I can confirm Bluedragn69_98's Method, My Wife lost her Debit Card the same way as OP. The Dodge Dealer wanted $900 to pull it apart. All I did was Pull out the Drawer, reach under and pull up firm but not hard and the entire top of the console came up, very easily actually. Found $0.45 and our Debit Card. No issues with re-installation, made sure wires did not get pinched. Started with Dash side and just snapped them back down.

Total Time ~10 Minutes, 5 of which I stared at it prior to trying any dismantling.
Thanks for tip. Top of console easily pops off. Bof front portionut still needed to remove side panel to retrieve card from floor @ bottom of front console. Just a couple plastic screws and a quick jerk to pop a couple snaps gave me access to fromnt lower portion

Old 01-30-2015, 04:56 PM
jband11
Default Where does it go?!

I lost my wedding ring this morning in the "super" console of my 2013 Grand Caravan. I followed the advise of previous posts & popped the top off the console. I know I have lost change in the same console but I can't find the change or ring. Help! Do I have to take more apart?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:17 PM
digieman
Default Reach down the front of the pass thru.

Originally Posted by jband11
I lost my wedding ring this morning in the "super" console of my 2013 Grand Caravan. I followed the advise of previous posts & popped the top off the console. I know I have lost change in the same console but I can't find the change or ring. Help! Do I have to take more apart?

once your get the top off you can reach down the front of the super console, that would be in front of the pass thru.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:40 PM
momof2kids
Default thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to those who posted their input on this thread. I was able to pop the cover off starting at the back of console above the drawer and it just popped right off, my card-well cards apparently- was hidden toward the front just user the air conditioner panel, I had to stick my hand in that way but I found it!! I thought I was out of luck when I watched it slide away yesterday.
Thanks to you all I now have it in my hand

Old 10-30-2015, 07:41 PM
reasodem
Default Thank you!

Thank you so much!!!!!! I lost my card too spent 2 hours searching my car and realized my cover was making a funny noise looked at the diagram and had it open in mins!

Old 03-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Danthevanman
Default Center Console Disassembly

Just want to thank Bob Ieradi for his tutorial on taking off the top portion of the center console of my 2013 Dodge Caravan. I successfully retrieved my debit/ATM card, along with someones hotel key. (My van was previously part of a rental car fleet. It was as easy as he said. Thanks Bob

Old 11-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Barbara Rogers

Thank you so much for your info. A couple of minutes later and my husband's badge for work was retrieved.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:11 PM
John_P
Smile Thanks for the Info

Amazing, this design is still causing problems over a 10 year period from the first post. Doesn't give me much confidence in the Dodge design folks.

Last night, I placed my license on the cover after it was handed back when renting a Dodge Caravan and leaving the rental lot. Pulled out of the lot and went to pick up the license and it had already disappeared into the abyss behind the cover. So thanks for the console cover removal instructions in the above posts - they worked and I had given up hope of retrieving it when I thought to search the internet.

Just to add to the cover removal. After pulling the back drawer out and grabbing the rear of the cover and pulling up, it still didn't budge. So I pressed in the console sides where the drawing in this thread shows the tabs on the cover are located with a wide blade screwdriver, while pulling up on the rear of the cover and the tabs let loose and the cover came off completely - didn't have to undo any electrical - just reached in to the front and pulled the license out. the cover then went back on even easier, all in just a few minutes.

So, thanks again for the excellent info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!