Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 dodge grand caravan PROBLEMS

Old 11-04-2011, 07:10 PM
dddon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2001 dodge grand caravan PROBLEMS

when i switch on the headlights , only the left or right side lights up, and when i use the dimmer switch , the opposite side headlight lights up and the first one goes out ????? both clearance lights burn brightly ... so not a ground problem and i checked the headlight bulbs, both are good on both filaments .... ??
also .... the windshield washer does not squirt fluid ...wipers run fine ?? ???
i guess i need wiring diagrams that could have wire colors or pin numbers on the junction blocks??? i need a beer too!!
dddon

Old 11-04-2011, 11:54 PM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did both (lights and wiper) problem start at the same time? Windshield washer - are we talking about the front or back? Have someone hit the washer button while you stick your head under the hood - do you hear the washer motor running? If you do, check your hoses for cracks, clogs, etc.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:02 AM
dddon

yes .... all problems began about the same time .... neither washer motor runs ... can someone help me locate a wiring diagram that shows the wiring from the control unit to the lights and washer motors ?// dddon

Old 11-05-2011, 10:41 AM
greaper_ca

Originally Posted by dddon
yes .... all problems began about the same time .... neither washer motor runs ... can someone help me locate a wiring diagram that shows the wiring from the control unit to the lights and washer motors ?// dddon
Check this link for service manuals for the Caravan. I'm having the same problem with my washer.

http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/m...ravan_Voyager/

Old 11-05-2011, 02:14 PM
jumpdrive2
Rookie

check connection c5 on bcm looks like both headlight and washer run thru it also check front control module as it is know to have connection problems

here are the diagrams you requested good luck

Last edited by jumpdrive2; 11-05-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:26 PM
jumpdrive2
Rookie
Old 11-05-2011, 02:27 PM
gentz
Professional

usually indicates a bad integrated (intelligent) power module....seen many of these...

Old 11-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gentz
usually indicates a bad integrated (intelligent) power module....seen many of these...
The IPM or the attached FCM? As I understand it the FCM is what splits the single input (PCI data base from BCM) to the IPM into 4 outputs to each corresponding headlight filament.

Last edited by Cougar41; 11-05-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker

Deleted duplicate post

Last edited by Cougar41; 11-05-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dddon
when i switch on the headlights , only the left or right side lights up, and when i use the dimmer switch , the opposite side headlight lights up and the first one goes out ????? both clearance lights burn brightly ... so not a ground problem and i checked the headlight bulbs, both are good on both filaments .... ??
also .... the windshield washer does not squirt fluid ...wipers run fine ?? ???
i guess i need wiring diagrams that could have wire colors or pin numbers on the junction blocks??? i need a beer too!!
dddon
A fair number of folks on several forums have reported some success fixing your identical headlight problem by either cleaning corrosion or slightly bending the contacts at the FCM to IPM connection. Disconnect the negative battery cable then remove 4 bolts securing the FCM to the IPM (fuse box). Just pull the FCM off. The wide spade contacts #3,4,5,6 are for the headlights.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 dodge grand caravan PROBLEMS