Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 caravan 9 seater

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 PM
harry78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 caravan 9 seater

Hi,

I am sure lot of people might be surprised by the question title but here it is. I have dodge caravan 2002 , which is 8 seater. I bought this car second hand and had 7 seats:
front : 2 person
Middle : 2 person
Back : 3 person

I bought one more back set from junk yard and placed it in the middle. there are proper holes in the van to place it and now i have 8 seater. (2-3-3).Now since i have one more family member, i need to make it 9 seater

I can say that is possible by the below option:
In the middle seat , i see too much space between the sliding door and the seat, so i am planning to take the middle (3 person) seat out and do some welding and add some extra iron to increase the width of the seat and then i will do the foam and seat cover etc.

1) Do you think its a valid option and technically is it possible
2) Has anyone done this before or any suggestions?
3) Is there any legal issues with this? Last think i want is that i spend money on it which is not legal.

Pls help

Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I think will may have some problems, one would be seat belts. Why just find a 12 seater ram van?

Quick Reply: 2002 caravan 9 seater