Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Oil Pan Gasket Replacement on 2004 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
dorough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan Gasket Replacement on 2004 3.3

I need to replace this gasket. I've crawled under the van and poked around for a few minutes to see what was involved. It looks like all but maybe 2 or 3 of the pan bolts are easily accessible. But those few are obstructed by a flange/mount of some sort. I know there's a plate and rubber seal on the back of the engine that needs to be loosened, but I'm talking about the piece of metal to the rear of that. Can somebody boil this down for me and let me know what's involved? I'm hoping I can do this job quickly and won't have to go to any major trouble to get that sucker off. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 AM
dorough

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Old 12-08-2011, 12:19 PM
scotter5
Veteran

Hey. I will list 3 links below for you. They will help. One of them is a video, although it is a 2.4 engine, I guess. The guy in video is good. I have seen him in other videos. He's interesting and talented. I live in ft lauderdale, fl. If you live close i would love to volunteer together and take it off. i like working on cars and learning. all though, i am a novice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5z9My6i5Iw

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...-question.html

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...l-pan-05-06-07

Sure hope this helps. And again if you live around here let me know.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:17 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Default Mileage & & Scheduled Maintence !!

Hi , These fuel injected engines today will not leak oil today due to good design !! If youre leaking oil your P.C.V. valve is stopped up due to poor maintence or wear due to high mileage !
Your compression rings are not sealing resulting in piston compression blowby there for pressurizing your the interia of the engine causing the oil leaks due to compression blow by .
If you are leaking oil put a oil pad under your leak till you get new piston compression rings installed !! My Thoughts Lovvorn

Old 12-10-2011, 03:11 PM
scotter5
Veteran

Hi. Are you saying the pcv valve could be causing the leak or is it the secondary problem caused by the compression reings having been worn down? Just trying to learn.

Quick Reply: Oil Pan Gasket Replacement on 2004 3.3