Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Brake and signal lights are out

Old 01-23-2020, 08:43 PM
Andy Falanga
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake and signal lights are out

Hi everyone,

My 2005 Grand Caravan is having trouble with some lights on the driver's side. In the back, the signal and brake lights no longer work. I tried some new bulbs for the signal lights, but the bulbs in the socket weren't blown. As expected, that didn't fix the problem. While changing these lights, I also cleaned up the connections for the lights and put some dielectric grease on them thinking that may fix things. This did not either. I then took my volt meter and checked voltages while the signal was active. The voltage was all over the map from 2.x - 10.x volts: never reached 12v. I think that some wiring in the conduit is corroded or otherwise impaired as it seems there is too much resistance. The question(s) then are simple. First, with what I've described, is my troubleshooting thus far on point or have I missed something? Second, where might I expect to find the wires for this circuit routed? Finally, which wiring schematic should I attempt to locate and download (purchase) from online? In lieu of that last question, what sites may be trusted and what sites should be avoided?

Thanks,
Andy

The following users liked this post:
Heatherlee03 (03-01-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 04:00 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

BBB Industries offers free wiring diagrams (and TSB's) at their site here: https://www.bbbind.com/tsb-and-wiring-diagrams-login/
You will need to set up a free account.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Brake and signal lights are out