Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Broken Part on Slider: Help Identify the part

Old 12-31-2011, 09:45 PM
BrianIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Part on Slider: Help Identify the part

4yr old son decided that the track that the wiring harness and the cables run in for the slider door on our 2008 Caravan was a great place to hide hot wheels.....result: broken slider on passenger side.
Electronics work but is the plastic 'anchor' that bolts to the door hing that is broke leaving no spot for the cables to anchor to so the push buttons at the door and at the overhead console don't open/shut the door (getting a lovely clicking noise for about 3 seconds and then it stops).

Thanks

Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The power sliding door drive assembly consists of the following parts:

• The sliding door track (5)
  • The power sliding door drive cable, drive tensioner and pulleys (4)
  • The power sliding door motor (3)
  • The Power Sliding Door Control Module (PSDM) (2)
  • The power sliding door drive assembly wire harnesses (1)

Unfortunately, the piece you have broken requires you to replace this entire assembly. The part in your picture is number 4 in mine

Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 AM
BrianIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 questions:
1. Difficulty on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest). I am fairly mechanically inclined and have a very good selection of tools
2. Price. Assuming this is not a cheap part since it contains electrical comonents

I will see if i can source this part from local junk yards as well.

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I'd have to say 5 ish. Most guys I know take the sliding door off and lay it on the floor to do this job but I leave it on and hold it up with a floor jack and a piece of wood. Price, I'd have to guess a couple hundred dollars anyway.....I can check for sure when I'm at work.

08 - Electrical/8N - Power Systems/Power Sliding Door/DRIVE ASSEMBLY/Removal

REMOVAL

C-4755 - Trim Stick

Originally Shipped In Kit Number(s) 9299, 9299CC, 9299CC, 9300A-CAN.C-4829A - Remover, Trim

WARNING:To avoid serious or fatal injury on vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the supplemental restraint system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, airbag, occupant classification system, seat belt tensioner, impact sensor, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the supplemental restraint system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment.
WARNING:To avoid serious or fatal injury, never strike or drop the side impact sensor, as it can damage the impact sensor or affect its calibration. The side impact sensor enables the system to deploy the side Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) components. If an impact sensor is accidentally dropped during service, the sensor must be scrapped and replaced with a new unit. Failure to observe this warning could result in accidental, incomplete, or improper side SRS component deployment.

1.Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. 2.Remove the sliding door sill plate. a.Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, pull up on the inside edge of the sill plate (1) to disengage the clips from the body (3).b.Carefully disengage the retaining tabs from the lower B-Pillar trim panel (2).c.Remove the sill plate from the vehicle.

3.Remove the front door sill plate. a.Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, pull up on the inside edge of the sill plate (1) to disengage the retaining clips (3) from the body (2).b.Carefully disengage the retaining tab from the lower B-Pillar trim panel and remove the sill plate.

4.Remove the lower B-Pillar trim panel. a.Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, pull the B-Pillar trim panel away from the B-Pillar (3) to disengage the retaining clips (2).b.Disconnect the power sliding door B-Pillar switch electrical connector and remove the trim panel.

5.Disconnect the sliding door wire harness connector from the bottom of the sliding door (1). 6.NOTE:Care should be taken when removing the z-clips used to attach the harness to the sliding door lower hinge. Should the clips become damaged or broken in any way, they should be replaced to ensure harness is properly secured to the hinge.Using door trim panel tool C-4829A or equivalent, remove the wire harness routing clips (2) from the sliding door and the top of the sliding door lower hinge (5).

7.Pull locking tab (2) forward to release the rear wire harness chain link clip. Pull the chain link (1) down off of the mounting pin on the sliding door lower hinge.

8.Remove the screw (2) that secures the side impact sensor to the lower sliding door channel panel. 9.Disconnect the body wire harness connector (4) from the side impact sensor (3) on the top of the lower sliding door channel panel. 10.Pull the side impact sensor straight up from the mounting location to unsnap the anti-rotation pin on the base of the sensor from the clearance hole in the lower sliding door channel panel. 11.Remove the side impact sensor from the vehicle.

12.Using door trim panel tool C-4829A or equivalent, remove the wire harness routing clips located under the drive assembly (3). 13.Pull the harness (4) out of the body channel and set aside.

14.Remove the sliding door drive tensioner bolt (1) and remove the tensioner from the sliding door lower hinge (2).

15.Remove the hold-open striker retaining bolts (4) and remove the hold open striker (1).

16.Apply masking tape to outside surface of quarter panel below the center roller channel, rearward of the door opening. 17.Apply masking tape to door jamb area, rearward of the upper roller channel. 18.Remove the sliding door upper track bumper (2) by pulling out on the bottom edge of the bumper to disengage the retaining feature (3) from the slot in the track (4).

NOTE:Do not remove the door hinges from the door as it is not necessary for servicing of the drive assembly. Removale of the hinges can effect door to body fit resulting in abnormal door operation. 19.Support sliding door on a suitable lifting device with a padded upper surface. The door must be moveable forward and reward with lifting device in place. 20.Slide door rearward until the upper sliding door hinge roller disengages from the upper channel. 21.Continue moving the door rearward until the lower rollers exit the lower track.

22.If necessary, remove the sliding door inner seal from the bottom of the door opening. 23.Remove the five power sliding door drive assembly retaining nuts (1). 24.Disconnect the power sliding door drive assembly electrical connector (3) at the front of the B-Pillar. 25.Carefully remove the wire harness routing clip from the body (2). 26.Carefully remove the power sliding door drive assembly (4) from the vehicle.

Last edited by Tizzy1; 01-02-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Broken Part on Slider: Help Identify the part