Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

head phones

Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default head phones

I have the stock rear dvd sytem with the wireless head sets

my son has snapped the plastic above each ear on both of my head sets(broke them in less then 1month of use)
I have tapped and spiced the broken wires, but they are far then optimal at this point(they work) they do not stay on there heads to well so i am looking at what options there are for head sets other then Stock since I feel he will break them again

and if no aftermarket head phones are avail, will new stock ones work right out of the box, or will they need programed

thanks for any help

Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 PM
JETwagen
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is my (limited) understanding that any wireless (as long as it's not bluetooth) headphones will work because they use a standard frequency. If you have the dual DVD screen you will want to find a set that has the switch for the two frequencies otherwise you will only be able to pick up the one DVD, not the second if you are playing two seperate things. Someone else please chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I might have a couple pairs, let me check and I'll get back to you. Might cost you a six pack

Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
I might have a couple pairs, let me check and I'll get back to you. Might cost you a six pack

I owe you more then a 6 pack already, but will glady get you set up

Old 09-11-2011, 04:42 PM
22mopar22
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 from my 2003 town and country. sold it and later found I had them in a box of stuff I took out before it went down the road. Make you a smoking deal on them

Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran

Update

after doing some searching, I found that my 06 uses IR headsets and 2000-2005 uses RF headsets,

for mine I Have just one overhead dvd screen so I did not need a dual channel head set,

so these for less then 10$ work great, and will not break the bank if get's broken again
http://www.walmart.com/ip/XOvision-I...ening/10574632

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: head phones