Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Aftermarket DVD

Old 03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Tat-2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket DVD

Just bought a 2010 Grand Caravan SXT with the overhead storage console..
I want to put a DVD system in so my grandkids can watch DVD's while we drive..
Does anyone know of any aftermarket players with overhead screens that would fit into this overhead unit..
Preferably just the screens for the overhead and the DVD player separate for dash mount.....
I am looking at aftermarket cause I am not paying the $1960 they want from the dealer......

Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I think Tizzy may have some information on aftermarket system? You may want to send him a pm.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 AM
zero10
Professional

I have an 05 with the factory DVD setup and I find the screen is of incredibly poor quality, the DVD player is intolerant of most discs, and of course does not support avi/mpeg/etc. I was also looking for some sort of replacement. My year has a separate DVD player and radio, but I wouldn't be against replacing the pair if it is necessary.

Post up what you find out, it might help other people (like me!)

Old 03-29-2012, 05:08 PM
jkimchi
Default Savv Mobile Multimedia

I find the dealerships usually carry excellent video multi media components but charge higher prices.

I have a Savv (www.savv.com) 10.2 inch motorized unit with wireless headphones (screen and dvd player with SD memory card input, usb, and a variety of other inputs like video game joysticks, etc.).

The motorized overhead Savv unit works wonderfully and is very useful while driving the kids around town to camping, etc. On my end, it is worth the investment. Also adds value to the vehicle, and uses very little car battery power.

I had the OEM Mopar 7Inch, with in dash dvd player. But replaced it with the Savv unit. The bigger size and better quality is great.

I have seen Savv screens. I would suggest 10 inch size (at the largest). Their overhead monitor will hook up nicely.

If not the Savv, there are other comparable units that a mobile audio video shop will have. The smaller local shops is where I suggest you go, rather than the big box stores since install with your OEM unit may be a bit tricky.

Good Luck!

Last edited by jkimchi; 03-29-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket DVD