2011 Grand Caravan Crew upgrade questions...
We just purchased a 2011 Grand Caravan Crew and want to do a few updates. Updates we are considering...
- Replace the basic RES radio with an aftermarket Dual DIN nav/bluetooth/DVD unit.
- Install a rear view camera
- Install rear parking assist sensors
- Install two way remote starter
- Swap several light bulbs to LED
- Upgrade headlights to HIDs
- If possible, add the Chrysler "airline lighting" overhead console.
So, with these upgrades in mind I am having some problems...
- The radio opening is 1/4" too small to fit my Dual DIN unit. Are there any DIY articles to make this easier? Can I get away with simply trimming some plastic inside the dash?
- My head unit has a jack for a resistor array for steering wheel controls. I assume that the controls on my Caravan use CanBus to talk to the stock radio. Can I get an adapter so I can retain my steering wheel audio controls?
- Does anyone have an accurate wiring diagram I can use to connect a remote starter? What will I need to add on to override any of the built in theft deterrents?
- Is it possible to mount the Chrysler overhead console in the Grand Caravan?
Any and all assistance is appreciated!