Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan Radiator Fan Relay

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:40 PM
jammarakc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm taking it to the dealer for a $90 diagnostic. See what they find. Then I will decide whether or not to trade.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Keferrier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorrissccoast
I have a 2009 TC...and the High speed relay was located close to the radiator. On the right side if your looking at the windshield. About mid-way the radiator, just follow the power wires from the center connector on the fan. It will lead you right to it. It's screwed to the front support and I had no issue finding a replacement online or at the local auto parts store (they do have to order it though). My TC has began to run above normal temp...right at half way the gauge I think the relay went bad because I can never see the fan run. I unplugged the connector and applied 12volts and the fan ran with no issues so I know the fan actually works. Could be the control voltage or sensor haven't had a chance to test the really yet. Was in the process of looking for a data sheet when I cam across this Thread.
I was wondering what you meant by control voltage or sensor? And if you fixed your problem?
I have a 2008 caravan the cooling fan comes on at low speed but not high. I changed both relays. And no change. I checked power/ground/ and continuity from the resistor top left of radiator and cooling fan motor/ fuse and high and low relays. I have one wire brown with light blue that goes into the circuit board (per diagram in Haynes repair book) to the high speed relay. If I apply a ground to that wire the fan comes on high but doesn't shut off if I leave it. I don't have any overheating but I have coolant coming out of the overflow if I don't have the high speed on.

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan Radiator Fan Relay