Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 dodge grand caravan

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Both the cam and crank sensor should have what we called a (cert), thats a piece of cardboard that is glued to the sensor. That adjust the sensor to the air gap that is needed.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:02 AM
carlitoz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is probably why my car is cutting off..both sensors dont have it...going to put them on tomorrow, i will update hopefully that is it because im about to put my caravan on the train tracks...thanks

Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 PM
carlitoz

i put both sensor gaskets and same thing..shuts off i dont know if i should keep buying sensors TPS is the only one i havent replaced...going to check my fuel pump and fuel filter next....any more help will very much apriciated

Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
carlitoz

new TPS and same crap! van shuts off HELP!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you doing any troubleshooting or are you just guessing and throwing parts at it? Buy a manual and a multimeter. They will save you many headaches and bucks.

Next time it dies check to see if fuel is getting to the fuel rail. There are several ways but one easy one is to spray starter fluid in the intake. If the engine starts and dies, you're not getting fuel. Check for spark at a spark plug. Disconnect a plug wire, hold it close to the engine block then crank the engine. You should see a small spark.You're missing one or the other or possibly timing.

Last edited by Cougar41; 07-11-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:37 AM
carlitoz

well heres my story lol van died about 5 months ago could get spark so i started with crank and cam sensors,coil pack ..some one told me PCM bad so i got that and it started and ran for a while,then my battery was not charging so i tested altenator and it was bad so got a new one, ran for a while then started noticing shut offs every 3 days ,it got worse started shutting off alot and now it wont stay on,today i replaced the TPS and fuel filter and same thing....could it be the fuel pump is going out?? i got spark but now it wont even stay on

Old 07-12-2012, 03:00 PM
scotter5
Veteran

I went to dealer today to get a spacer to go on end of camshaft sensor. he looked in computer and said it doesn't exist. he got a new camshaft sensor off shelf and showed me it doesn't have one haynes says it does. went around corner asked mechanic he didn't respond to the question: is there a spacer on the end of sensor. he told me to go ask for a spacer for a CRankshaft sensor.

when installing a camshaft sensor in the port--after pushing it down all the way. did you feel it bottom out??

i did, they didn't have any---i'm from ft lauderdale, fl.

Quick Reply: 2002 dodge grand caravan