Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Grand Caravan turn signal issue

Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Paula E.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Grand Caravan turn signal issue

The turn signals on my 2000 Grand Caravan only work sporadically. It's come to the point now that they hardly work. The hazard lights work fine. I saw somewhere online that it might be the turn signal switch, so I replaced that, but that didn't fix the problem. Am wondering where the turn signal relay is? Or if anyone has an idea of what the problem could be? Thanks for your help!

When the problem started, if the turn signals stopped working, they could be "reset" by turning the car off and back on. Now that no longer works as they work maybe only 10% of the time.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try reseating the combination flasher module. If that doesn't work you may need to replace or repair it. It's up under the dash on drivers side on the fuse panel.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Paula E.
Smile Problem resolved, I hope....

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Once I found the module and reseated it, that seemed to fix it temporarily. I think I will go ahead and replace it so it doesn't happen again.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM
macantley

is the combinatin flasher, the one that the hazard lights use also? im thinking this might be my problem also.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macantley
is the combinatin flasher, the one that the hazard lights use also? im thinking this might be my problem also.
Yes it is.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM
macantley

thanks, redid the connections (they were cracked) and its working great now.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:38 PM
jbrin
Default turn signal problem

The left rear turn signal light ONLY was intermittently malfunctioning on my 2000 Grand Caravan...these multitudes of weird things happened and in this order.
First- the problem was entirely intermittent. Leave i the morning- no left rear ts. Hit a speed bump- it works again...till the next bump. Say a quick prayer- bingo- working once more. It starts to rain- bye bye left rear turn signal ONLY...again!
Well...then by sheer luck I discovered that quickly turning on and
off the 4-way emergency flashers caused the rear ts light to activate and continue flashing (go figure). Eventually...that method stopped working... SO...moved around the dash module- yep...AOK...until it got moody again. So...thinking I had isolated the real cause of the problem there- I replaced that module. Now it finally worked again reliably...for maybe a week (!!) Att his point, I began throwing random parts at it. Turn signal switch- no difference. Other dash modules...ditto on that. Finally- bulb socket was replaced and YAY!! It worked again!!
...for about a week. Took tailight fixture apart- discovered that when jiggling the connector on the base of the tailight housing, the left rear turn signal light came back on again...until I tightened the housing retaining screws back down, that is. I now have on order THEE ONLY part left which has not been replaced: the tailight assembly itself. I did notice some major scoring developed on the metal which makes contact with the new bulb socket I bought and installed on this old housing/assembly. Will give it two weeks then repost.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:14 PM
DennisDowdy
Default Thanks for Turn Signal tip

My turn signals on my 2000 Dodge Caravan started to be intermittently operational this week. First time I have dealt with this issue. My impression was it may be a loose wire which I may never locate to repair. Then I read the experiences of others on the forum. So today I discovered that my combination flasher module was not firmly seated. I reinstalled it and now will see if they remain functional. Thanks to all who shared their information.
Dennis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Grand Caravan turn signal issue