Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 01:04 AM
2005DGCvan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005DGCvan
This has been happening to me as well and is intermittent as well.
I haven't figured out a fix either...except to move signal light in and up and to either right or left..

On another note, when I hit the open switch for the van, the outside lights do not come on anymore...it opens the doors and turns the interior lights on but the outside lights do not flash??? any suggestions...i changed the battery in the keys but still no outside flashing lights.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Smarty Arte

I have been having the same problem, it just started. All 4 lights work when I turn the hazards on and they intermittently work when I signal. I have not replaced the bulbs recently, so I know the problem is not incorrect bulbs. It sounds as if the problem is the multi-function switch assembly. Am I correct in this evaluation? If so, does anyone have the info on the part # and replacement directions?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If all you want to do is change parts then yes, the multifunction switch is a good starting point. The procedure sounds easy:

Disconnect and isolate battery negative cable. (Keeps the airbag from going off in your face)

Remove upper and lower steering column shrouds. Refer to Steering, Column, Shroud, Removal.

Disconnect wire connector from back of multi-function switch.

Remove screws holding multi-function switch to steering column adapter collar.

Remove the multi-function switch.

Courtesy of EBSCO/ARRC

Last edited by Cougar41; 12-07-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:13 PM
jim_reeves

I have had EXACTLY the same problem several times. Pulling the 20-amp fuse (fuse box under hood) marked OID, holding it out for 5 seconds, then replacing it seems to clear the problem. I think this is a problem with the BCM getting messed up. Also messes up electronic door locks at the same time. Frankly I think this is a safety issue because the turn indicators are malfunctioning in traffic.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jim_reeves
I think this is a problem with the BCM getting messed up. Also messes up electronic door locks at the same time. Frankly I think this is a safety issue because the turn indicators are malfunctioning in traffic.
Then file a complaint with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration or NHTSA on their website. If manufacturers don't get off their dead rears and issue recalls then the NHTSA steps in and makes them or issues them themselves.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:29 PM
EdgarDC
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default signal light problem

I need help on this same issue also.
My mothers 2003 dodge caravan has the same problem. It signals when it feels like it.
I have changed the fuses & flashers regaurdless of been good.
The hazard lights and when I set the alarm I see that they do work. but if I try to signal left it might come on but will flash to the right and vise a versa.
need help on this, any ideas??

Thank you

The following users liked this post:
Heatherlee03 (03-01-2020)
Old 03-01-2020, 03:20 AM
Heatherlee03

EdgarDc
did you ever resolve the issue with your moms van? Mine is doing the exact same thing!!

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan turn signals