Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Location of evaporator drain in Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Toolman Bob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of evaporator drain in Grand Caravan

Hi. I have a 96 Grand Caravan ES with 3.8L engine. Recently with high humidity I have had a flood of water (not anti-freeze) on the driver's side front carpet. I can feel warm water running off the evaporator housing under the dash just right and above the accelerator pedal. I am sure it is a clogged condensate drain but cannot locate it. I have looked from above and below in the engine compartment,. Does anyone know the exact location? Is it a hose, metal tube or just a hole in the firewall? I hate to pay the dealer $100 for a 'diagnostic' that should be a simple unclogging. It's gonna' mold soon...l

Thanks,

Bob

Old 08-09-2012, 02:09 PM
jimbo111@yahoo.com
Rookie

Have the same issue on the passengers side Bob. Let me know if you find it and I'll do the same if I find it first.

Tar

Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's slighly to the passenger side on the engine firewall down below the alternator.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Dennis1960

By any chance do you you know where the a/c drain tube is for a 2000 Caravan? I have a 3.0 litre engine and like one of the threads I looked high and low but couldn't find it.

I also have a 2009 Grand Caravan 3.3 litre......The engine compartment is quite open and I looked at the firewall, crawled under both vehicles and I could not find the drain tube for the a/c.

If anyone can point me in the general direction that would be great.....I even tried running the car on a hot day in my driveway but didn't see any water draining. I'm truly stumped. If you have a picture even better!

The older van's a/c smells like a dead skunk and I want to clean the a/c evaporator by injecting some cleaner in the drain tube.

Many thanks.

Quick Reply: Location of evaporator drain in Grand Caravan