Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Help with my 2012 Crew with 9 speaker and RBZ head unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 05:46 PM
bvitale79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my 2012 Crew with 9 speaker and RBZ head unit

Hello all,

I have been searching the internet with no luck what so ever with my questions. So without rambling much more here is whats up.

I have a 2012 Crew that I have owned since new. It has the RBZ touch screen radio without NAV. I always thought that the sound was great but there was almost no bass. I figured it was just due to the size of the van and not really expecting to pump bass out of my minivan. Well about a month ago I was hit by another car and had a rental. It was a 2014 base model with the standard 4 speaker non touch screen radio. Well that thing had tons of bass and made me scratch my head. Why does a base model have better sound than my high end model? When I got mine back from the body shop I looked at my window sticker and learned that I have 9 speakers with a Sub and amp. I never realized this and if I did I would have brought it in before I ran out of my bumper to bumper warranty. The little bit of information I found was to upgrade the firmware. So I did that and it looks nicer but I still get almost no bass. I have the speakers centered and bass all the way up. It won't even shake the mirrors with Vol at full while playing music with lots of bass. Does anyone out there have any thoughts as to why the bass is so quiet? Anything I can look into? Or is this normal and cheap radios sound better than premium. There is also no difference in levels between FM, SAT, AUX, CD, and DVD.

Thanks for any info you can give me. I am at wits end,
Brandon

Old 12-16-2016, 03:18 AM
Night_Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, your question is 2 years old and you never got an answer. So you might have allready found the solution, anyway, I'll post my answer, so you never know : it could help someone else next month.

Here is the RBZ radio. It is the same that I have in my 2012 GC Crew edition.

See the 3rd button on the right side ? That is for AUDIO settings.
Once you press it, another screen appears, with different Audio control. One of them is an Equalizer button. Press it.
You then have 3 sliders, to adjust the levels of base, mid, and high.

Simple, isn't it ?

Last edited by Night_Driver; 12-16-2016 at 03:23 AM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Help with my 2012 Crew with 9 speaker and RBZ head unit