Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Grand Caravan 2000 3.0L stop engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:36 AM
crossmark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Grand Caravan 2000 3.0L stop engine

Good time!
Dodge Grand Caravan 2000 3.0L

Who can tell me. The situation is this. When approaching a traffic light, turns when I release the gas pedal (sharp). Or when the engine is under load (eg driving small hill bad expensive, slowly pulling 2000 rpm or less) and pedal gas is released (sharp) as the tachometer needle falls below 500 and the engine stalls. And all this is maybe 1-3 times a day. Can do all day is well at the end of two or three times stall. Can all be 1-2 day okay. I have the feeling that when I release the gas when the engine is under load or when you release the gas ... sharply

No errors in the diagnosis. two o'clock do diagnosed. At time the driving do diagnosed. And even when engine stop - no errors!
New fuel pump. New fuel filter. And the old pump is also happening (then old pump died). All this is happening four months. A mechanic have the thought that some time jammed motor XX. I'm changed new motor XX. Failure remained.. Old motor XX spray clean . And the injector spray clean. Everything is clean.

What could be ... any thoughts ...? Thank you!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
crossmark

allo allo

Old 09-30-2012, 03:14 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you got some help with your English. I can understand you better now.

"changed new motor". Does that mean you changed the Idle Air Control (IAC) motor? That was the correct choice. You may still have a problem in the IAC circuit. Check wire resistance and look for corrosion at the IAC connector and PCM (engine computer) connector. Other than that you could try thoroughly cleaning the throttle body especially the port for the IAC motor behind the throttle plate.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 AM
crossmark

Originally Posted by Cougar41
Looks like you got some help with your English. I can understand you better now.

"changed new motor". Does that mean you changed the Idle Air Control (IAC) motor? That was the correct choice. You may still have a problem in the IAC circuit. Check wire resistance and look for corrosion at the IAC connector and PCM (engine computer) connector. Other than that you could try thoroughly cleaning the throttle body especially the port for the IAC motor behind the throttle plate.
Yes, I put a new motor. I have made cleaning the throttle body
Show you how you can check the resistance?
How, and how can I check the resistance.?

Quick Reply: Dodge Grand Caravan 2000 3.0L stop engine