Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2007 Town & Country Power Liftgate Quit Working

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:54 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Town & Country Power Liftgate Quit Working

Upon filling up the van with the Christmas haul at the in-law's, I found that the rear hatch didn't want to come down. I'd used the FOB to raise it, and that's how I tried to lower it. It does the normal "look out" beeps, the linkage jerks, and it stops. At that point, I can lower it by hand. If I use the button to raise it, I can't lower it by hand until I hit the button again and it jerks the linkage a bit. If I open it by hand, it'll close by the button. It seems to me that the linkage maybe overextending under power and gets jammed up.

Is this a common problem/easy fix, or is this the end-of-life song for the power liftgate?

Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM
newtocaravan

I wouldn't think so being it's an '07. It sound like a switch or sensor for the lift gate is no good. Have you tried lubing the moving parts? or at least inspected them?

Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try disconnect the battery for few minute to reset the computer, The most common problem I've seen are the Power Lift Gate Module.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie

It seems to work intermittently now. And now the passenger side power door is acting up too. It'll make some noise after hitting the button, but sometimes won't open. It doesn't unlock itself. I changed the battery the other day because it was getting weak, and I thought maybe the low voltage was screwing those electronics up, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:43 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sometimes the problem is the latch, sometimes is the door module, but sometimes it is the door track wiring harness. You need to scan the Door Module for codes to determine the exact problem. Which requires enhanced scanner.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:37 PM
newtocaravan

With the side sliding door my '04 had the issue it would attempt to open but not move. What i did was having the open push the close button and if it wouldn't move I would jiggle the door harness and the door would close but not all the way. found pinched wires in said harness repaired and havn't had a problem since the summer!! Have you found anything with the rear gate?

Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie

I can't find anything visibly wrong with either. The rear works everytime I try now, though the wife says sometimes it won't close still. The passenger slider, sometimes refuses to unlock itself when we try to open it. If we unlock it by hand or FOB, then try the FOB to open it, it works.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:14 PM
J Wikoff
Rookie

The passenger slider sometimes refuses to unlock VIA power (fob or switch on front door). That's the only thing that seems to keep it from working.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:43 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie

Just an update. The sliding door issue was fixed with a new lock actuator. The rear hatch still misbehaves sometimes, but only on really cold days. I have a new module for it, sitting and waiting. In the meantime, I've replaced the weakening lift struts for the hatch. They wouldn't hold the door up very well in the cold. Maybe that was goofing up the power lift. But I won't know until it gets cold next winter.

Quick Reply: 2007 Town & Country Power Liftgate Quit Working