Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Replace overhead storage with dvd player?

Old 06-09-2013, 06:52 PM
youngaaron1976
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace overhead storage with dvd player?

We have an '08 Grand Caravan SXT with a rear overhead console already factory installed (with 4 storage compartments). We'd like to replace the front and back storage compartments with independent DVD players so our kids in the back can watch a movie while the kids in the middle can watch another movie. Is it possible to do this without replacing the entire overhead console? If so, where do I find the dvd players? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:58 PM
NewVanDad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same set up in a 2011 DGC Crew. I couldnt see spending so much on the one with the VES already installed. I once saw a caravan for sale on e-bay that just had basic monitors installed inside the flip down storage containers. I didn't realize at first that it wasn't the VES system. Just regular 9" raw monitors connected to a mobile DVD player in the middle console. I thought this was a great idea, and am trying to find someone to install it in my van. The only issue I would see, is to find something to add more friction to the hinge of the storage bin to keep it from swaying from the motion of the van with the extra weight of the monitor in it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replace overhead storage with dvd player?