Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2014 dodge caravan rear defroster blinking

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 11:10 PM
Rob Welch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 dodge caravan rear defroster blinking

So this morning I had a gas cap message come up on the dash so I unhooked the battery to clear the message. Well after doing so the rear defroster will blink for 30 seconds and go off and will do so everytime the van is off for a certain period of time. In saying that now I only have heat and AC control on the driver side. Passenger side is stright heat?
any help would be great

Old 03-22-2022, 01:46 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

You will need to recalibrate the heater control head. You may need to have a scanner to do that. I will check on mopar web site and find out. I check it out. You will need a scanner to do a variation test and then recheck code any more problems.

Last edited by master tech; 03-22-2022 at 01:53 AM. Reason: More information.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:59 PM
joepeterson56
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did you find your FIX for this?

If you didn't, you can try this: Move both temp control ***** from left to right at the exact same time several times. The amount times you need to rotate the ***** will vary according to who posts this fix elsewhere,
but I have seen it say turn them from 3 time up to six times. But everyone who posted it said it has fixed it.

It supposedly recalibrates/synchronizes the temperature settings in the system without the need for a scan tool or service charge.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2014 dodge caravan rear defroster blinking