Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 GC SXT with console loss of power issues - any solution?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 11:32 AM
davidjs1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 GC SXT with console loss of power issues - any solution?

So I have a 2010 Grand Caravan SXT (w/ the 4.0l engine).

We had the "ignition turning off" problem, and now we're getting another great electrical gremlin. I have, of course, just passed 36,000 miles, so wanted to get some insights before I get a dealer run around.

Recently (twice) while driving, basically everything in the "center stack" (radio, HVAC + turn signals) has died. The car keeps running, but I lose all those items. (I didn't think to check the wipers). The gauges still work, and no error lights illuminate. (I will try to check for stored codes tonight).

I've found quite a few reports of this problem, and it seems to be a known issue on older vans, but I haven't found much forum discussion (with resolution) on more recent models. This is a tough one to search as on a generic google it's really tough to filter out sales results, and even on forum specific searches there's a lot of generic terms...

Has anyone had this happen? Has it been successfully resolved? Was it covered under warranty?

It's making my wife rather nervous, as she had to live through the "van turns itself off" problem for nearly a year before we got it fixed...

Last edited by davidjs1; 07-08-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added search info
Old 09-16-2022, 10:32 AM
joepeterson56
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Have you gotten your problem fixed yet? It seems like the TIPM unit (Total Integrated Power Management) has a problem. That is a computer type Circuit board that is located underneath the top section of the fuse box in the engine compartment. There is a big problem with them & law suits & complaints all over the place about them. If it only affected the A/C I would guess it is a wiring problem that needed to be tracked down & fixed, but since it is the whole center unit I suspect the TIPM has gone bad.

The following users liked this post:
Aidenovercash123 (10-26-2022)

Quick Reply: 2010 GC SXT with console loss of power issues - any solution?