Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power Lift Gate won't close with FOB or buttons- 2012 SXT

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM
dreamypix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Lift Gate won't close with FOB or buttons- 2012 SXT

Hey guys, we are new to the forum. We just purchased (like yesterday!) a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Express. We are super excited about the new van.
At the Car sales place the buttons that closed the power lift gate closed the gate just fine. Last night as we brought it home and got the groceries out, we went to use the FOB, nothing. It would flash twice but would not close. It opens just fine with the FOB and the middle console button but does not even attempt to close other than the flashing of the headlights. We are baffled. My husband recalls at the auto place, he interrupted it from coming down at one time because one of the kids was in the way. You can manually close it just fine, but it's a feature I really wanted so for it not to work as soon as we get home kinda ticks me off. Is there a button that I'm missing that can reset it? I can't find anything in the manual. We've tried to reset it by resetting the battery but still nothing. It's normal weather here, 90 degrees...the FOB opens the doors to the van and will open the lift gate, it will also close the van doors-just will not close the lift gate. Solutions?

Thanks ever so much!

Mia

Last edited by dreamypix; 07-21-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:06 PM
miles127

I have the same exact problem. I bought the van last night and everything worked fine. This morning as we were leaving Target the gate wouldn't close. It opens just fine but won't shut.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:26 PM
dreamypix

It's very frustrating, isn't it! I can't seem to find anything online.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:55 PM
phill4v

I know this thread is really old, but has anyone found a solution?

Our problem is slightly different. The door will go up with the fob or cabin button, but does so in a jerky motion. It won't come down with either button. But goes up and down manually smoothly.

Tried unplugging fuse for the power liftgate (J3, I think for 2008). Otherwise, the left strut wiggles a bit while the right seems pretty solid. Could this be causing a problem?

Quick Reply: Power Lift Gate won't close with FOB or buttons- 2012 SXT